Click the following image to download the Indigay sa Parol Mechanics and Registration Form Word File:
1. The contest is open to all residents of the province of Cebu, aged 18 years and above as of December 1, 2007.
2. Contestants must fill up and submit a registration form available at the office of Mr. NOLI OMANI, Naga City Public Information Officer, telephone number 272 6655 local 110.
3. Entries shall be reflective of the Filipino Christmas spirit. It shall also conform with the festival’s overall theme,”Pride in our Roots; Realizing our Vision.”
4. Entries must not be less than three feet in height, width and diameter or more than five feet in height, width and diameter including all its parts and accessories.
5. As much as possible, entries shall be made of native, indigenous or recycled materials or a combination thereof.
6. For added color, all entries must incorporate lighting effects. Electrical lighting fixtures shall therefore be part of an entry’s design.
7. Each entry must be displayed for public view during the entire contest period from December 16-23 and up to the end of January 2008. It must also bear a registration number conspicuous enough for the judges’ consumption. Entries with no registration number shall be disqualified.
8. Deadline for submission of entries will be on December 16, 2007, 3 p.m. at the Naga City Hall Public Information Office.
9. Criteria for judging shall be as follows:
Visual Impact – 40%
Artistry and Design – 20%
Creative use of materials – 15%
Lighting Effects – 15%
Relevance – 10%
TOTAL – 100%
10. Prizes are as follows:
First Prize – 5,000.00
Second Prize – 3,500.00
Third Prize – 1,500.00
There shall also be 5 consolation prizes.
11. The judges’ decision shall be final and non-appealable.
12. Declaration of winners and awarding of prizes shall be on December 23, 2007, 7 p.m. at the St. Francis Ocean Park.